"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living."

Monday, May 9, 2011

Who pays $100 for a dog bed?

This is the question that I asked myself standing in the isle at Petco looking for my 100 lb. puppy a new dog bed, so that he will stop fighting us all night like to get up into our bed. Corey and I looked at the not so large selection of dog beds that would even fit our dog, there were about 3.

One of which was on sale for 39.99, which is a HUGE deal if your dog requires the XXL dog bed. The problem with this budget friendly bed was that you could push down on it and it had absolutely NO padding. Great Danes are prone to bone disorders, so we knew that Midas was going to need something a little better. Plus he already has one thinner bed that has lead in search of a new one.

The other bed was an ok looking 59.99 dog. It was a little better than the first, however it was quite girly looking and an odd shape. This bed does not works because Midas is well, not a girl. And he likes to lay how he likes to lay and this bed would just not accommodate that.

The third and final bed cost the low low price of 99.99. As I initially read this price I was thinking HELL no. I am not spending $100 on a freaking bed for our dog  to sleep on. That is just crazy. Then I began going through my head thinking of all the things we could do with $100. However, this bed was like 30 times nicer than the other two beds, and it honestly looked like a Midas bed. I mean the dog has expensive taste. He likes the most expensive food, the most expensive bones, and he's just done right expensive himself. But this bed was probably the fluffiest bed in the entire store...


Corey and I then pulled all of these massive dog beds out into the isle and sampling them. We spent a good 20 minutes, in true Douthitt fashion, sampling each of these beds and talking about which one would work best for our little boy. I hope it is obvious that we love this dog as if it were our child. And of course, I am sure everyone could guess which bed won. That freaking $100 dog bed. So needless to say we trudged up to the front with that darn thing. All the way home I kept thinking  this was the most ridiculous purchase ever. However that all ended one we put that bed down besides ours that night, and he climbed right on it and slept the entire night without trying to get in our bed.... BEST PURCHASE EVER! Needless to say, I told y'all this entire story so that I could show you a picture of Midas living the good life on his new bed.

P.S. Ignore the little doggie bone stain, I ALREADY have to wash this dang bed.

3 comments:

  1. Bahaha! we need kids! I plan on buying a doggy diaper bag because I get tired of attempting to carry around all of her stuff...yes we take her toys and food with us where ever we go...so you are not the only one

    p.s. I LOVE the new background! It is so you and I love the font!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... We used to do that too. We would carry everything with us, until we figured out that he would not get that hungry in the 30 minutes we were gone to my moms. lol. Now Midas has his own doggy bag. haha.. We do need children. just imagine how bad that will be. people are going to think we are psycho. Thanks! I love this background, and I like the font because it looks sorta hand written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we never stay for just 30 minutes so that is why we need it. So I need to get Sophie her own doggy bag!

    ReplyDelete