"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living."

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So happy to be this blessed.......

As I set on my couch today surrounded by photos myself and Corey, I realized how blessed I really am. The first word that comes to my mind when I think of him is luck, but then I realize this could not possibly be luck. Corey is an amazing guy or man, which he would rather preferred to be called. He would do anything in the entire world for me and Midas. I mean how often do we truly realize how great we have it in life?  Honestly I am one of the worst people to focus on the negative. But that is all slowly changing, my goal for this year is to become a more positive and grateful person. I have decided to start that with appreciating the amazing love that I have been blessed with.

In 6 years, Corey and I have been through a lot. We have grown and changed (mostly) together, because I am the first to admit that I am one of the most stubborn people EVER. There were times where we both wondered if this was really worth it. I don't believe in pretending or being fake, so I am not going to pretend it was a bed of roses, because sometimes it wasn't.... I never imagined that the curly headed boy, who asked me to be his girlfriend on September 14, 2005, would up end up being my other half. It still amazes me to this day. It is incredible to me that I found Corey at such a  young age. I am so incredibly happy that we didn't give up on us. I have a picture from a year ago with a quote from a song, My Best Friend by Tim Mcgraw that is the quote that we live by. It says, "life with you makes perfect sense, your my best friend." Corey is my best friend. He is who I turn to when everything is falling apart. He is there for me all the time. I truly believe that is what makes us work. We are truly ourselves together. There is no bull with us.... We are both very unique. Corey is laid back and chill. I am high strung, critical, and bossy. He mellows me out and I rile him up. We in a sense complete each other. I don't know where I would be without him. He has made me who I am today.

I am so thankful to be blessed with my love. I am so glad that I get to spend the rest of my life with one of the most amazing people I know. So my goal is appreciate him today and everyday.

5 comments:

  1. Awww how sweet!! You and Corey are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT (for more reasons then one). But I feel as though if it wasn't for Josh and Corey you and I would be the two most high strung people in the world! I think that it shows that yall are truly meant to be together because yall were able to change together and grow up together! I cannot wait for you to get married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! haha. We definitely would. I would be a messs without him! I can't wait either! I knew you would love this! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh says I want you to be married more than I want to be married or more than you want to be married haha I just can't help it! Ya'll truly deserve it! It really does amaze me that ya'll have stayed together and grew up together. It is something that I envy and wish that Josh and I could have done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. Thanks! Thats sooo sweet! You and Josh have been together for a longgggg time too! Haha... Well you must want it really bad, because I REALLY want it bad too!

    ReplyDelete