"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living."

Friday, May 20, 2011

Disappointed by People in General Lately

Lately, I have been getting super annoyed with people who are part of my life and also those who aren't. I will start with those who are or previously were involved in my life.


 I have/had this friend who I feel did me wrong and all but abandoned me in what was almost one of the most difficult times in my life. As some people know, Corey was enlisted in the Marine Corp and was set to leave on March 21st. Well, some medical issues happened and he ended up not being able to leave. Well, Corey and I are pretty much inseparable. It was going to be VERY hard for me to be away from him for 3 months, not to mention that he would not really ever be coming back  home, and I would not be able to see him much for the next year and a half. Last December, this friend, suddenly became very distant. We were best friends up until this point. We text everyday, talked on the phone often, and spent a lot of time together when I was home. I would text her and get very short awkward replies. I would ask her to hang out and she would not respond or bail on me at the last minute. If you know me, then you know that is my BIGGEST pet peeve EVER! I constantly say, "If I tell you I am going to do something, then I am going to do it." After a while, this got old, so I quit trying to hang out with her. Eventually I quit texting her at all. I essential gave up. I admit. I did not ask her why she had treated me this way. Not to defend that, but if you are truly best friends with someone and you really care about them, then you would not treat them that way at all. Nonetheless, I should have tried to figure out the problem. So the months went on, and I continued nursing school, one of the most stressful things I have ever done in my life. I tried to spend as much time with Corey as possible. Well the months passed, and a couple of weeks before he was supposed to leave, he found out that he was going to be able to. Instead of waiting another year to leave, he decided just to let it go and get a job. I text her at this point, and I let her know. We made other small talk and eventually stopped texting. Almost a month later, she text me AGAIN asking when he was leaving? I was like. Okay maybe she forgot. Well we again talked a while, and then we stopped texting. Well, last week she text me and asked me AGAIN! At this point, I was pissed. If she didn't care anymore than that, then I felt I had no use to try to explain to her or even rekindle the friendship. I responded shortly after hour of receiving the message. I simply said he's not. I was done with this completely. It really bothers me, well honestly hurts my feelings that things turned out this way, because I considered her one of my closest friends. I mean I was raised with if your friends with someone, you are friends with them ALL the time, not when its only convenient for  you....

I have also been disappointed with people lately. All around me it seems that people are just being down right mean and nasty to each other. Some peoples blogs are prime examples of this. I wish things weren't this way, but it seems to be getting progressively worse.

3 comments:

  1. AWW I am sorry you felt abandoned. I know excatly how this feels, and I hate that you had to go through this. But also in a way I am kinda glad Corey didn't go, because this means you won't be own some remote island and I will never see you again (I know you are dissapointed in not moving, but who needs the beach haha), because I would have really missed you! And I have also noticed that people are just being really crappy here lately, and I don't understand it either :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Thanks! It sucks. But I learned how to be a better friend through it, which you get to benefit from. haha. Yes, I would have missed you and everyone else too. Pshh. Who needs the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh I have always though you were a good friend, no need to improve...but this blog and Lindsey's really got me fired up. I don't understand how people can be like this.

    ReplyDelete