"Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living."

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One Step Closer to Growing Up.....

Well, I know most of you already know, but I'm so excited that I don't mind telling you again....

COREY AND I GOT ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!

Friday August 19th, I went to Corey's house after I got home from school for the weekend. I was studying nursing when he got home from work around 9:00 pm, which is later than usual for him. He went and showered and I kept studying. He had mentioned that he was tired and wanted to go to bed before hand, but I needed to study. When he got out of the shower, he went to his bed and laid down. I heard someone in the computer room and went in to tell him. He was already laying in the bed. I told him to go see who it was. He said, "Ok, but watch my back." I responded with, "What? No, I'm not watching your back?" He then said, "Ok, well stay right there!" Of course, I did not stay. I started getting ready for bed. He came back in and said that it was his sister. So, I proceeded to go to bed. He was right behind me. I placed my hand down on the bed, and I felt something lumpy in my pillow. I instantly thought, "what in the heck did he leave in the bed?" I picked up my pillow, and I realized that whatever it was, was inside the pillow case. I reached in and my fingers suddenly felt something square and velvet. I immediately looked at him with shock on my face. I then pulled out the little velvet box and pulled it open. Inside was the ring that I had sent him a mere 6 days before saying that I had liked in a picture message. I could not believe my eyes! I looked at him and just started crying. After six years of dating, this amazing guy had decided that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me! I could not have been more excited. I took the ring out and slid it on my finger. It fit perfectly. Then, we proceeded to tell everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment